On October 7th, Canada’s Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced a temporary lift of the 20-hour/week cap on the number of hours allowed for post-secondary students to work off-campus.
International Students allowed to work off-campus, as authorized on their study permits will not be restricted by the 20-hour/week rule from November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023.
Check Your Eligibility for Canada
Highlights of this announcement
- Students allowed to work off-campus will not be restricted by the 20-hour per/week cap.
- This new approach will provide greater opportunities for students to gain valuable Canadian Work Experience.
- This will also increase the availability of workers to support & sustain Canada’s post-pandemic growth.
- The IRCC also plans on launching a new pilot project this month. This pilot project will be designed to automate the processing of study permit extensions.
- The IRCC aims to strengthen Canada’s immigration system, shorten processing times, reduce application backlogs, and improve client experience.
For detailed news: Click here.
apply for Canada Study Visa demand jobs in Canada Apply for study visa in Canada student visa canada canada study visa requirements Study in Canada in 2023 canada study visa news canada study visa fees in indian rupees Canada immigration news
We welcome your feedback
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *