On October 7th, Canada’s Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced a temporary lift of the 20-hour/week cap on the number of hours allowed for post-secondary students to work off-campus.
International Students allowed to work off-campus, as authorized on their study permits will not be restricted by the 20-hour/week rule from November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023.
Check Your Eligibility for Canada
Highlights of this announcement
- Students allowed to work off-campus will not be restricted by the 20-hour per/week cap.
- This new approach will provide greater opportunities for students to gain valuable Canadian Work Experience.
- This will also increase the availability of workers to support & sustain Canada’s post-pandemic growth.
- The IRCC also plans on launching a new pilot project this month. This pilot project will be designed to automate the processing of study permit extensions.
- The IRCC aims to strengthen Canada’s immigration system, shorten processing times, reduce application backlogs, and improve client experience.
For detailed news: Click here.