IRCC has unveiled its list of the top 10 source countries of new Canada PR landings in 2022. Canada reached new heights, as the country managed to welcome 437,120 (+8%) permanent residents to the country in 2022.
Economic immigration programs such as Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) were once again the primary source of immigrants in 2022. This is the second consecutive year that Canada broke its immigration intake targets, where in 2021 – Canada invited a total of 431,645 applicants to apply for Canada PR.
Calculate Your CRS Score in 60 Seconds
1. India (118, 095 immigrants) - 27%
2. China (31,815 immigrants) - 7.2%
3. Afghanistan (23,735 immigrants) - 5.4%
4. Nigeria (22,085 immigrants) - 5.05%
5. Philippines (22,070 immigrants) - 5.04%
6. France (14,145 immigrants) - 3.2%
7. Pakistan (11,585 immigrants) - 2.6%
8. Iran (11,105 immigrants) - 2.5%
9. United States of America (10,400 immigrants) - 2.3%
10. Syria (8,500 immigrants) - 1.9%
The number of PR landings is expected to rise in 2023 as well. With the new and improved Immigration Level Plans for 2023-2025, IRCC will target to welcome 465,000 PR applicants in 2023.
Now is indeed the best time to immigrate to Canada.
For detailed news: Click Here!
Tags: Canada Immigration, Canada PR Visa, immigrate to Canada, Apply for Canada PR, Provincial Nominee Programs, Apply for Canada PR from India, Apply Canada PR Visa, Express Entry Program
Stay up to date with the latest news
We welcome your feedback
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *