A total of 4,250 candidates were issued invitations by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) – requiring a minimum score of 500. This was the eighth all-program Express Entry draw since they were resumed back on July 6.
Here are the highlights of this draw:
- A total of 4,250 candidates were issued Invitations to Apply (ITAs) in this draw.
- The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score required was 500.
- With low CRS score cut-offs, IRCC seeks to welcome a higher number of candidates under the Express Entry.
- A new Immigration Level Plan is expected to be announced soon – by November 1 this year.
- Physicians will now be eligible to apply under the Express Entry.
- Upcoming changes in the Express Entry will give the immigration minister more flexibility to invite candidates.