The Express Entry application management system in Canada has had a very interesting year. After an 18-month gap that started in December 2020, all-program draws were resumed, allowing Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to move closer to the pre-pandemic targets of Express Entry invitations.
Get a Free Express Entry Assessment
Here’s what went down in the world of Express Entry and Canada Immigration.
- Express Entry candidates received 46,538 ITAs during the course of the 23 draws conducted in 2022.
- There were 35,750 ITAs in total for just all-program draws, which started in July and continued through the end of the year.
- The lowest minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score was 491.
- There has been a drop of 66 points over 10 draws conducted ever since draws resumed on July 6.
- On November 16, IRCC officially made the transition from NOC 2016 to NOC 2021.
- Bill C-19 was signed into law by the Canadian Parliament in June.
- IRCC is expected to begin holding draws targeted toward specific occupations in spring 2023.
For detailed coverage of the year-end wrap: Click here!
Express Entry Express Entry Program Canada Immigration Canada Immigration News
We welcome your feedback
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *