On January 18, in the second draw of the year Alberta welcomed 350 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination. Candidates with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of minimum 346 were asked to apply for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
Under the Alberta Express Entry stream, invited candidates may be eligible for a provincial nomination. They will be one step closer to permanent residence in Canada if they receive the nomination. Provincial candidates can apply to the federal government for Canadian immigration under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Candidates who get provincial nominations for Express Entry are prioritised at the top of the pool and are more likely to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Alberta also introduced its new Accelerated Tech Pathway in January. Tech employees who match the requirements for the Alberta Express Entry stream are eligible to request for expedited processing.
Get a Free Express Entry Assessment
What is the eligibility and Process to apply for Alberta Express Entry?
- The AINP provides a list of occupations that are not qualified for the stream rather than a list of occupations that are. Food service supervisors, transport truck drivers, and cooks are just a few of the jobs available to those who apply under this stream
- The candidate must have work experience in one of the qualifying occupations in order to apply for the Alberta Express Entry stream.
- •Work experience, a Canadian education, or an offer of employment in Alberta are all characteristics that boost your chances of being nominated. It also helps if you have family ties in Alberta.
- It goes without saying that you must also meet the Express Entry eligibility standards. Applicants are required to have a minimum CRS score of 300 to be considered.
Process to apply:
- To immigrate to Alberta using the Express Entry programme, you must first create an Express Entry profile. The Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program all use Express Entry as their application management system.
- You will be given a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System if you are eligible for Express Entry. You earn points based on your age, education, work experience, English or French language skills, and other things.
- If you do not want to apply for a provincial nomination, you can immigrate using the Express Entry pathway. But the Express Entry candidates with lower CRS scores can use the PNP to receive an automatic 600-point award.
- Then the candidate receives an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from a subsequent Express Entry draw, he/ she can apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Tags: Alberta, alberta draw, Alberta Express Entry, Alberta Immigrant, Alberta immigrant nominee program, Alberta immigration, Alberta PNP, immigrate to alberta, PNP, PNP Draw, provincial nominee program